Purpose and Mission of the Jersey Shore Rescue Mission
Our Mission Statement
"The Jersey Shore Rescue Mission ministers to the homeless, helpless, and hopeless in Asbury Park by meeting their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs through a structured program which enables them to lead responsible, productive lives."
The Jersey Shore Rescue Mission ministers to the needy people in our communities. We meet their physical needs with food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities, and their emotional and spiritual needs with guidance and life change programs.
Our main concern is meeting the critical needs of homeless and disadvantaged men, women and children through our emergency services program. We provide thousands of meals and nights of lodging each year.
Rehabilitation & Recovery
Programs that help men recover from alcohol and drug addiction are designed to offer a "hand-up rather than a hand-out." Our six month residential treatment program includes daily work at our thrift store, bible study, a daily chapel service, group and individual advisement, AA/NA meetings, and computer assisted and classroom instruction.
"As members of His body, the Church, we present the saving power of Jesus Christ to rescue men from the consequences and ultimate penalty of sin and disciple them for victorious Christian living."
- To respect the dignity of each individual.
- To be channels of God's reconciliation in this world.
- To strive for excellence in all that we do.
- To be good stewards of God's resources.
- To function in a biblically ethical manner.
- To conduct ourselves with integrity in each relationship.
- To seek, above all, Christ's preeminence in all things.