There are many ways to help our mission by donating your time and talents. Contact our Director, Phil Richards, at 732-361-7362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Organize a food drive and collect non-perishable items to stock our pantry.
Collect school supplies to fill backpacks for our annual backpack giveaway. The backpacks are distributed to the children of the men in our recovery program at the Mission and to needy children in our community.
- Collect personal hygiene items (list available) to be used in hygiene kits that we distribute to the men in our program
- Sort & package hygiene items into ziploc bags
Annual coat drive/giveaway held in November
- Collect coats through a coat drive
- Sort and bundle coats (at our Thrift Store) during the month of October
- Help distribute coats on the day of the giveaway
- Help by wrapping gifts for the men’s children at our annual Christmas “Toyshop” in December
- Collect items to be given as gifts to the men (list available)
- Help wrap and package the gifts for the men
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
- Assist the executive staff with office duties--typing, phones, data entry, mailings, filing, and more.
- Math tutor for residents pursuing their GED. Flexible hours. Adults are sought.
- Sort food, stock shelves and inventory pantry goods.
- Serve evening meals and clean-up afterward (5:30 to 7:00pm, Mon-Sun).
- Bring in baked goods/treats for meals (cookies, cupcakes, etc).
- Use your skill as a carpenter, plumber, electrician, welder, etc. to handle on going repairs and improvements.
- Various indoor painting projects.
We can always use help at our Thrift Store on a regular basis. There are a great variety of tasks to be done there including:
- Sorting through donated items and organizing clothing, jewelry, electronics, bric-a-brac, etc.
- Cleaning furniture, windows & mirrors, floors, etc.
- General maintenance and clean-up outside of Thrift Store including: mow the lawn, rake, weed, sweep, etc.